Internal Audit Division
In terms of FR 133 and Section 40 of the National Audit Act No.19 of 2018, the Internal Audit Division of the Public Service Commission functions its duties under an Accountant who is directly responsible to the Secretary of the Public Service Commission.
The division consists of two officers of the Public Management Assistants Service including the Head of the division and an officer of the Office Employees Service.
The responsibility of carrying out the internal audit functions in all nine divisions of the Office of the Public Service Commission, the Education Service Committee and the Health Service Committee is vested in the Internal Audit Division. Special audit queries are also carried out by the Division where necessary.
- Ascertaining the adequacy and success of the internal control system operated in the institution to avoid frauds and corruptions.
- Ensuring whether the necessary information is provided to prepare accurate financial statements through the accounts and other reports.
- Evaluation of the quality of performance of the staff members in execution of their duties and responsibilities.
- Ascertaining whether the properties and assets belonging to the institution are utilized in proper, safe and efficient manner.
- Ensuring whether the provisions of the Establishments Code, Financial Regulations and Circulars are complied as required.
- Conducting of Management Audit Meetings of the institution once a quarter in terms of Section 41 of the National Audit Act under the guidance of the Department of Management Audit and following up the progress of implementation of the decisions made at the said meetings.